Written Fireside is a round robin style written, short story feature based on the campfire game where one person starts a story then passes it on to the next person gathered by the fire to continue.

For each story I write part 1, then each participating author (a Fire Writer) adds a part in turn.

Dec 17, 2014

Naughty or Nice? All I Want for Christmas... Cuddle up by the Fire by Jane Lark




This Christmas enjoy how each author creates a unique tale from the same starting sentences written by


Georgia Beyers
the author of 
can be followed online 


Seventh in the anthology is



Jane Lark

fellow Harper Impulse author
and a Fire Writer for Written Fireside 
On ValentinesChangesMissing You & will write the end of I Looked Away January 27. 

Check out her Fire Writer Friday &
  First Fight Friday interviews.


All I Want for Christmas... Cuddle up by the Fire


Charlotte sat at the bus stop wondering whether she would make the naughty or nice list this year. Last year she had rescued a stray kitten and therefore considered herself most definitely “nice”. This year she had broken Daniel’s heart into a million tiny pieces, so “naughty” seemed to be the only answer. There’d be no Santa Claus coming down her chimney anytime soon. – Georgia Beyers

“Oh! My God. What a douche!” Unbelievable! Water dripped from my hair. He had soaked my coat. I stuck my middle finger up at Porsche driver as he raced on up the street. 

Karma. 

He’d even ruined my Mulberry bag, I’d only bought it a month ago, for my birthday. 

The Porsche stopped at a red light a little ahead. I stepped out of the way as another vehicle ran through the puddle, sending up a fountain of dirty rain water. 

“Ah!” The bus carried straight on along the embankment road, ignoring me. 

God. Karma really had it in for me today. Santa was definitely not calling this year. 

If I ran maybe I could get the bus driver to open the door at the lights. 

The lights turned to green and both the douche Porsche driver and the red London bus carried on. 

“Ahhhhhh!” 

I threw my bag onto my shoulder and began walking, well away from the curb and the puddles. It would be half an hour until the next bus came; I could be home by then. 

Some guy stared at me, probably questioning my drowned-rat look. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Merry Christmas.” “This Christmas…” “All I want for––” rang out from the shops across the street. 

Everyone had broken up for the holidays, but I had nothing to look forward to. Daniel had custody of my parents.

Copyright © Jane Lark

Read the rest of All I Want for Christmas... Cuddle up by the Fire plus fourteen more short Christmas stories for free right now. 



Jane's bio: 

Jane is qualified to the equivalent of a Masters Degree in People Management and is fascinated by the things which craft people’s personalities, so she has great fun exploring these through characters. She lives in the United Kingdom near the Regency City of Bath and has just bought her 400 year old dream home. History has always tempted her imagination and she loves researching and also exploring ruins and houses to get ideas. She equally loves a love story. Jane has always aspired to writing a historical novel so when she was thirty she put it on her ‘to do before I am forty’ list. She completed her first novel ten years ago, never sent it anywhere then started the next. She’s not stopped writing since, and escaping into a mental world of fiction is a great painkiller to help fight off her Ankylosing Spondylitis.


Jane is the author of 
The Marlow Intrigues
best-selling kindle Regency romance series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...